Five great reasons to change your feeding habits
- Locally produced food is fresher, more nutritious, better tasting and of higher quality. Local growers choose varieties for taste and preserve diversity, including heritage varieties.
- Consumers connect with the people who produce local food and products; this builds meaningful relationships and provides food education for communities. Consumers can be confident that their food is produced in a manner that fits with their core values.
- Supporting local family farms and businesses means there will be another generation of local food producers and we preserve economic diversity in rural areas. This builds healthy, strong and economically viable communities
- Local meat products using humane conditions and local food products following sustainable farming methods supports healthy local environments.
- Purchasing local food and products cultivates local economies. When consumers buy from local producers, dollars remain in the local economy and everyone reaps the benefits.